I get bored. It's very healthy to have false prejudices when you first meet someone, but you would think that after some time to mingle and get to know each other that by the time you've been typecast as the small-passivesubmissive-puritan-asian-girl that it's founded on better judgement. Remember, this is exactly the #1 reason for animal bites.
I don't mind my role though, it's quite right to a certain extent. But what is life if you just stay the same the whole time... the quote of the day curtesy of the movie fracture is "I didn't work this hard to stay where I am." Also, this makes me wonder as a greedy "small-passivesubmissive-puritan-asian-girl" whether one can experience as much out of life as one stagnant personality til your last breath versus someone who is constantly changing in terms of interests, perspectives, and mannerism..? I say interests, perspectives, and mannerism since we do not change in essence or at the core, truely. A projector is a projector regardless of what it projects... is how i see it.
This reminds me of a time when I was describing my precious beauty MIMI to my co-worker as the dog with the biggest personality who thinks she can take on the biggest of all crazy dogs in the park - oblivious to the fact that she is always the smallest one. My politically correct co-worker responded "Oh - just like you."
Needless to say, as I was walking back to my cubicle, I felt growingly offended, but now in retrospect, I actually appreciate the somewhat truthful evaluation and no longer regret not having stabbed him with a pen.... i love happy endings. :)
2 comments:
OMG JENNY. the girl to the right of you in that picture is my friend KALI!!! AHAHAHAHAH she's half white and spanish and is totally in the latino-phase right now. sooo ridiculous.. i guess it is a small world after all. i can't wait to tell yesenia...
I too hate to be typecast. All my life, I've been pegged as the ruggedly handsome movie-star type. Hello!! I have a brain too! Just kidding, I'm neither rugged nor smart. Nancy, what are you doing hanging out with car show models? And why don't you ever bring them to Jenny's house??
Post a Comment