Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random Post for Random Sake

What a long day. Popped out of bed this morning remembering I had to move the car for the Wednesday street cleaning half an hour too late. Ran outside & before I could even feel lucky bout not getting another ticket, the darn car wouldn't start cause the battery's dead. So came back, googled for the nearest tow truck company to come help me jump start the car, they show up and after a minute worth of cable clamping work, charged me $40 bucks. If you have jumper cables, isn't it your civic duty to help another fellow citizen in need to jump start up their car by default???! Unfortunately, no. So after letting the car run for a while, came back in, rushed to get ready for work, went out, and the car is dead - AGAIN! Good thing I already moved the car during its 5 minutes worth of function in a safe street cleaning zone for another day.

This fatefully was a prequel to a long, hectic day. To summarize, had a full day of meetings, end to end testing, bug fixes, coding, and conf. calls throughout lunch that only now, at 10:34pm, I am able to sit in this empty apartment to reflect on what in my diet & karma today, allowed me to last this long. I guess the reasonable answer is: coffee, leftovers, fear for disaster, sake, and a good co-worker-neighbor w/a car battery & kind heart, in this exact order.

It's good to be thankful for combinations. It's also good to be outside of your PMS danger zone... I probably ought to be thankful for life's combinations and leave it at that.

1 comment:

Doug said...

So can we hear more about this rice wine?