Never thought I'd be given a bottle of Anejo Tequila, seems to be something old business men exchange, but a friend got it for me in Mexico and it's pretty darn cool. I normally don't react well to Tequila but this one supposedly is much better than what I'm used to having... or so I'm told. Maybe I'll try it as I update my resume tonight.. seems appropriate.
Went to see "The Dark Knight" yesterday. Worth watching in the theaters (alone even) and was entertaining but did not love it as much as expected. There wasn't enough Batman or Christian to be exact, dialogue a bit repetitive ("Do you know how I got these scars???"), and too much of the "oh no, 5 ppl died b/c of me" sappy guilt trips that really boggle me since he probably kills 20 every time he goes for a ride in the killmobile. And what's with the unrealistic scenario where a boatload of criminals decide to risk their lives so that innocent civilians could live. Is that really plausible? Especially in Gotham mind you, where ppl's morale is questioned. Joker was cool but too insightful and smart for a lunatic, need more hysteria. And it's never cool when the heroine kisses two dudes within the same movie (i.e. Pearl Harbor) unless she comes to her senses and picks the right guy, or dies - in this case it works out. Felt like the characters were given enough depth that the whole movie felt like an introduction, the end was not as fulfilling for a drama since this one was less of a comic blend.
Guess the only thing to do is to watch it again.
2 comments:
You're a very good movie critic. I like your opinion. Good Stuff!
I dunno... I thought the Joker was done rather well - not too eloquent for a psycho at all for me. More than being a loon I think he was going for just a truly sick and twisted sadist, which he pulled off perfectly.
I agree that it did feel like they were trying to open it up for the continuation, which in this case is unfortunate since the Joker lived but the actor didn't :'(
Post a Comment