By now, I'm sure most of us have at least googled or wikied someone to get a general sense of who they are. It's a form of spying that I actually promote and feel is healthy if you're a balanced, curious individual.
On that note, our office is slowly revealing itself to me as a conglomerate of fascinating individuals comparable to the first season of Lost. Not everyone of course, mainly the non-outsourced independent contractors transplanted here in SoCal by chance or via personal motives. Most often than not, our IT job is just a front or a means to an end to a more pristine, glorified goal - one which I haven't personally discovered yet but the others seem to have. Us contingent workers do share one thing in common, we're a secretive bunch. Everyday we go to work, do our job (better than most usually) but try to appear humble & accommodating at the same time to please egos, throw in some charm & witty humor for kicks and leave at the end of the day. Part-time IT life accomplished. Most people have side businesses, musical talents as composers, or a family composition that I would never have guessed from my interactions at work. Based on recent findings, I'm quite inspired to pursue a fuller life.
At a phase where I'm in a warped zone of not knowing what to do with myself away from the east coast nest. Outside of reading, journaling, walking, blogging, eating, sleeping, working, shopping, I have the idle disease of not doing anything. The current goal is to stabilize myself financially so I can take care of my aging grandparents and aunt to move them out to California. Outside of that, there's not much to my worries other than my own self inflicted troubles. I've always marveled at my professional counterparts who have started families in clan-like numbers and being able to make time for family vacations, staying on top of kiddies' education, maintain a clean house, and still bring bread home. I couldn't even provide for one dog's needs, it's good to be humbled.
I'm also not as grateful nor adventurous as I like to imagine myself to be. My life is quite simple and peaceful that not being consciously thankful is quite embarrassing. You know you're aging when you still envision yourself to be the youth that you were a decade ago until you do the lifestyle cross comparison and see the discrepancies. What happens when your reality enablers are not around (i.e. parents).
The definition of being "wise" right now at age 28 means being able to correlate thoughts & actions to consequences accurately and possessing the ability to make decisions that will produce the best probable results. Margin of error and surprises should diminish if you're on the course to improvement, generally. Maybe this will change again by next year, let's see, I shall do my blogshare with folks out there, but feel free to contribute to the wisdom pool.
Thanks to Gustav and his charming family for inspiring me without even knowing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment