Went to a barbecue last night where a conversation was divided based on who liked Kanye and who wished him dead. The main argument from haters usually is the fact that he's too arrogant and shows no humility. I asked, "What if he's just that magnificent and is great at what he does and knows it, would you still think he should show humbleness although he'd be faking it?" Hater 1 answers, "Yes, of course." Hater 2: "I actually hate him more cuz he genuinely believes he's the sh*t." Hater 3: "Everyone should show some humility." Others nod in communal agreement. Interesting indeed. Don't get me wrong, I think they're all losers for hatin' on Kanye and lovin' John Mayer, but thought the conversation was amusing due to the fact that most people would chose fake positivity over negative honesty.
I believe in many things and humility is definitely one of them, along with utopia and perfect,
beautiful babies, but at the end of the day, I'd chose honesty over what is deceptively warm and fuzzy without question. Don't want to see just what I want to see but what I outta see, which are things at their natural state at the present moment. Course, if you dig deeper it touches upon what is more important - thoughts or actions? If you are vain but want to be humble, then taking steps to fake it is almost excusable since actions can influence thoughts. It's the truly self-obsessed and cocksure people that responds "oh no, I'm noooot.." when being paid a compliment that make me vom in my mouth twice over. On that note, don't you love my coolishous nailpolish? ..Thanks, thought you would. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment