



I don't quite understand why they give cats the "lion cut" when you bring them in to get shaved either for the summer or because their hair is out of control, like Mucha's. The cut consists of leaving the head untouched so that it's poofy like a lion, yes I get that, it's cute, but they also leave the legs and tail hair long which is weird since those are the parts get dirty and matted and the hair's not all that even. The Petsmart person that worked on Mucha probably did a crappy job but I'll ask for a "clean shave" next time, not that Mucha doesn't hate me enough.
In any case, I decided to bring her instead of Mimi back with me to IL and on the returning flight, they charged me $150 to bring her on the plane. It's gone up drastically!! The last time I had a pet with me it was only $80 and that was already absurd. I have to improve my tactics of sneaking them onboard...seriously.
So I probably should have brought Mimi instead since I've had pretty bad cat karma ever since. The hotel I'm staying at allows pets but I found out that they allow dogs but not CATS. So I was really careful about sneaking her in this time, making sure the nasty blond lady that works at the front desk doesn't see her. That went undetected, but I went to Walmart to pick up her litter and cat stuff, right in the tiny cat isle after I've packed a full line of cat supplies in my arms, guess who shows up and says "Excuse me?" The nasty old blond lady from the hotel! I was only there for 5 minutes and it just happened to be her day off and I guess she has a cat at home too cause she reached right over me and picked up some cat litter herself. All the while giving me a strange dirty look as if she's trying to put my face and what's going on together, I really hope she didn't, banking on her blondness she didn't.
On a lighter note, my attempts at fattening Mucha up have been pretty successful. She looked extremely skinny and malnourished after her awful shave so I've been feeding her tuna nonstop and she's been pretty cooperative to say the least. She's gone through 5 cans of tuna in just 2.5 days. I had to take a trip to Costco to get the 66.5 oz can for her, hopefully it'll last a week, especially now that I've bought some wasabi mayonnaise..tuna + wasabi mayonnaise = yummie.
No comments:
Post a Comment