Reminder word in 09 will be impermanence, just like the connection here at Starbucks. If there's anything I know at this point it's that I don't know anything with much certainty. Crumbling standards and values are almost a necessary evil in the creation of better judgement and ideology (maybe). I'm almost relieved that nothing lasts forever, or at least not without extreme effort.
Started off the year feeling pretty peaceful and without attachments. Would like to keep it that way and remain happy in a curiously subdued sorta way.
I wonder sometimes if it's a good idea to go with the flow when you don't have a clue about what you want. Seems like most of us never know what we want out of life but while we maneuver through day by day, this state creates countless problems and situations that will keep you occupied at 99% that at the end of the day, we're always in an reactive state of addressing life versus living it. Not to mention implicating other creatures and souls along the way carelessly.
The only time we don't realize this is if we pick up an activity that we can be completely engrossed in (falling in love, making money, having children, etc). All that is fine if we're still fully conscious beings underneath, but it certainly doesn't seem that way.
Is being goal driven always a good thing? I'm thinking not.. for the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment