Monday, January 19, 2009

Economical Advice Continued

So I got sick on Friday and had to go to a local clinic to get antibiotics for a throat infection, I knew it was a throat infection cuz I felt it the night before and normally I can tell when my body's balances are off and the move in sub-zero temps pretty much did it.. Anyhoo, I got billed $550+ for a 15 min checkup that composed of a default $250 clinic "facility bill," $270 doctor bill for gracing me with 5 mins of his time to write a prescription, and $35 worth antibiotics for 5 days. This was the first time I went for a checkup in years and first time without insurance.. yes, I'm one of the millions of people in this country that do not have health insurance. It's just one of those things I refuse to have to pay for, especially when I'm paying 33% and more in taxes and the rest of the free world pay less taxes and get free healthcare and education amongst other things (you may feel this is debatable, but it is undeniably true). Some people refuse to pay for sex, I refuse to pay for healthcare, it's not about being frugal or cheap, I'm mucho generous and can at least afford it, it's just IMMORAL to have to when you're paying ridiculous taxes (33+% mind you, again) and insurance companies exist soley to make wealth on your ill-being, its premises are based on pure evil and greed!

Sadly, in summary, get health insurance if you have a social security number & care bout your credit. Even if you don't go to the doctors 3 times out of the year to justify your healthcare premiums of $100+ a month, you never know if emergencies may occur, and if that happens, this capitalist nation will take your home, possessions and everything you have ever worked for because American gov & docs don't give a rat's ass if you live or die or b/c you're a fellow human being but will only tend to you to get paid to the legal maximum, which is infinity. There are multitudes of nations that believe in basic, default humanity, and responsibility to its tax paying citizens, this country is just not one.

Okay, so I may get health insurance when I come back from Taiwan... after I get myself a full physical and dental checkup and load myself up in meds cuz Taiwan not only recognizes dual citizenship but also values its citizens that don't even live there nor pay any taxes in the last 22 years, how's that for contrast. Actively seeking a good-willed nation to spend my retirement money.. TBD.

No comments: