
Went to uWink tonite and tried out the self-service restaurant that had tabletop touch screens that allowed you to order & customize your food as well as play games or watch media while eating. It was pretty cool. I played their "Zillionaire" game the whole time, a spin off of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Very entertaining! Great place to hang out with friends. The food was a bit pricey but quality decent. I never valued service much since it normally sucks and provides no added value and uWink is a great start to all things automated and
self-served! So much more efficient and I loved the entertainment aspect too. You could play games or view videos that are educational as well as join in group games with others at the restaurant. Great concept - the CEO's the founder of Atari and this guy's pretty brilliant. . Sucks to work there as a server tho, u get NO tip and the salary's probably not that much better off by the looks of those people. Loved the restaurant though! Hope it gets franchised out of CA.
1 comment:
I heard of a similar restaurant setup out in Germany a year or 2 back - all the ordering is automated, so the wait staff is really limited and really they only need staff in the back cooking up stuff. Sounds fun!
Post a Comment