Friday, September 26, 2008

Miscellaneous

I'm trying to figure out how to pronounce Mr. Mxyzptlk and the pronunciation in Wiki's even harder to read! (IPA: [mɪksˈjɛzpɪtˌlɪk], enPR: mĭks-yĕzʹpĭt-lĭkʹ or IPA: [mɪksˈjɛzˌpɪtɫɪk], enPR: mĭks-yĕzʹpĭtʹl-ĭk). Almost like calling 411 and speaking with an outsourced personnel. I can't understand foreign English for the life of me.

Anyways.. so I was wondering around Universal Studios yesterday and found out that they are like the purveyor of PEZ, second only to the 99 cents store down the street. Since I've tried to curb my sweets intake, I've been finding PEZ everywhere I go! ugh, such is life. I did get myself the Helly Kitty PEZ collectible set though. I should stop buying stuff since it's only adding to my moving nightmare! Not sure how I managed to get 2 cars, 5+ boxes and 4 suitcases full of stuff + more to California since 07. And I humor myself to be a minimalist..


Got a contract in Chicago and am hoping to put it off til mid October but the lady that I'm working through doesn't seem too concerned bout getting forms and contracts signed which is starting unnerve me. I'm all bout signatures and documented proof these days.

Been working on 2 sites, starting a construction company with materials imported from China coming in. Goal is to have those 2 sites up and running & looking pretty by the time I start work again. More info soon.

Went to a nearby lighthouse on Palos Verdes peninsula -

I looked at the scenery and now the pictures and think "it's quite beautiful" but inside I'm rather indifferent. I get into these produce/consume modes, and appreciation for externals probably go better with the latter.

New toy update - got a Nikon D60. A marvelous creation, cool as hell, just need to learn how to use all its features. It'll keep me busy for a while. Some initial shots below - Mucha, my muse!

No comments: