Sunday, April 27, 2008

Vibers

Whenever there're 3+ posts a day, procrastination's in the air! It's the end of month and I have a list of projects (6 to be exact) to deliver that are nowhere near complete. Have been passively frolicking at work through no particular activity other than attending meetings and occasional spurts of productivity after caffeine breaks.

This is supposed to be the makeup day, which as always, starts after the diversion antics.

I'm going through some interesting office politics where it's really like trying to fit into high school niches all over again. There are the cool, fun ppl that u'd like to hang out with but there's always a list of ppl they've ousted as public enemy #1, 2, and 3 that u should never speak to or include in any gatherings since the gatherings are really used to bash them and oust them some more. Then there are the managers who the cool, fun ppl dislike and openly avoid that if u mingle with, most likely ur cool points will diminish drastically. And if u are a girl like myself who are trying to break out into single life to start up a social network in a new environment, u best be careful not to become the office harlot. This can be done simply by allowing multiple male co-workers to stop by ur cube for a chat or two bout the weather or a lunch outing alone. I'm starting to get a strange vibe from ppl that I may be too friendly and not as "exclusive" as I should be in terms of having normal conversations and interactions with ppl. lord of all weirdness! I should set Mr.Toast and Joe the egg at my cube to remind myself that there's nothing wrong with just trying to be nice and peaceful and friendly to all and not turn ppl away when they want to speak to you.

How do ppl make platonic, meaningful friendships in California without the need to introduce every sentence with "my wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband" so that others can be affirmed that u're not a promiscuous wo/man eater OR use it against u as an open invitation to flirt or make a pass? that was a long question, but hopefully the answer is not "YOU DON'T."

No comments: