Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cheerful Thought

These two pictures are probably the most genuine depictions of myself at work mentally. Not politically correct I know but tell me who cares, cause I honestly don't. A friend of mine told me that money is the new slavery after I confessed that my life is pretty much controlled by a paycheck which of course is not admirable at all. At this point, most of my peers are either taking elongated vacations to "find themselves", or pursing law degrees/comparable pretentious hobbies, or becoming domesticated for the sake of doing something purposeful and meaningful so that we can all feel special at the end of the day by either doing it or living through someone who is. Not quite sure where I fit in but those are definitely not it. I think I need to find an enlightened soul that can straighten me out in terms of the non-essentials in life that seem trivial but yet the source of most obligations for a lack of a better comparison. This could potentially be harder than finding a hot/cool sane girl/person to hang with, I know.

At this point, even bragging rights are not enough a motivational factor which is an odd thought indeed coming from me! There's definitely a conflict between the physical and mental value of things which at this phase (in LA mind you) is still somewhat excusable. For all knowing ppl out there, patronizing comments are welcomed!

There's a guy in the neighborhood that must work a late shift since he's always walking down the sidewalk outside my apartment playing the same tune on his harmonica in the middle of the night. Sexy.

Although.. that wouldn't be a bad way to make a pot call for those that need a stash knowing how my neighbors roll.

No comments: