Friday, August 24, 2007

Blackbox

My grandfather recently received his first cataract surgery on his left eye. Along with removing the cataract, they also implanted a thin disk that corrected his eyesight.

just thinking...

In the future, if every baby upon birth was implanted with disks inside their eyes that are nano-recorders - turned on when implanted and extracted when dead, there's a complete history of a person's life.

Premise for a sci-fi thriller movie script. characters & plot: TBD

2 comments:

ikrmba said...

that's a great idea. sort of like the barcode idea. so in the future everyone should have both a barcode and a disc. barcode will contain one's identity and the disc would contain the rest.

Doug said...

That's a scary thought... sounds straight out of 1984 or the matrix or something. While I could see how it might be cool, I don't really think I want to be branded "the man" and give him access to all my memories to judge at their own discretion.

Oh, and if you haven't seen it, check out Strange Days - I think you'd like it.