I wonder if it's because I'm bordering 30 that reuniting with high school or college friends brings out the sighs, the ones that make your head droop and shake a bit cause your undeniably getting older when kids younger than you are constantly getting married and having kids, it's quite a sharp reminder that your shelf life is quickly expiring, or worse - already expired. So maybe it's not that bad, but it definitely doesn't help when you're not getting any younger, at least my metabolism says so.Every time I go to Niwa No Hana, it makes me nostalgic as hell. For one, I worked there for a summer back in college and half the staff still works there. Half the old staff that are still there says hi and half just pretends to not know me. And second, it was my Japanese teacher that I had a maddening crush on back in high school that brought me and a fellow classmate there for the first time! So, guess which restaurant we went to when that high school friend and I met up after years of not being in touch?

Trin's still the same after all these years. Very sweet, innocent, and kind. A bit wiser & more realistic and saddened through life, still naturally optimistic, for which I'm glad.Side note, my sister gave me a worry bead ring.... the moveable beads are supposed to help "the anxious, nervous moments when you feel compelled to figit. Certified to help cure nervousness, nail biting, etc." For the job hunting days to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment