I can't make up my mind if going back to Illinois to be a perm is really the right thing to do. Can I really commit? Especially out there where I'll be driven to boredom and isolation. Have a couple more days to make up my mind although I already know what the answer is, or maybe I don't.
It's been more than a week since the trip, back in tune and settled with the daily leisurely habits of not working and it pretty much sucks. I'm hoping (again) for a divine intervention of enormous proportions that will allow me to work elsewhere so I can 1) satisfy my wanderlust 2) not go back to the work hell location that shall not be named and 3) see new and interesting places & people, hopefully.
The good thing bout breaking out of the normal work routine is that it makes fresh thoughts possible. It's hard to think, do, and try new things when you are doing the same things everyday.. sounds like the perfect intro to the lives of the mundane working class that I can safely say I'm all inclusive. But traveling can have its ups and downs also. A lot of people may associate the word vacation as something that will bring about a constant state of happiness while in it... It's only true if you're already a happy, blissful person. The unfortunate truth is, we bring ourselves to the vacation along with the usual moods & woes. We get grumpy, anxious, paranoid, and have conflicting wishes with others as usual, even in places as beautiful as Thailand! love Phuket! The happiness experienced while traveling is pretty much half spent on the anticipation of travel anyway. By the time you're actually on the vacation, you actual to work hard at a moment and try to live it all up. Having travel buddies that are kind, polite, generous, and considerate are definitely boosters though, I was pretty fortunate this time around.
2 comments:
Wow, it sounded pretty cut and dry to me... if you don't wanna go then just don't! Ok yeah so I'm oversimplifying things just a tad, but if you really consider it that hellish then I wouldn't subject myself to it.
You might be surprised at this advice (ok probably not considering the source), but the best thing you can do in such situations is go out - being a socialite and meeting people is the best way to find business opportunities. Do talk to the contacts you have and feel around online for something, but also go out to bars in DC or wherever you think the right people would hang out and just talk to people... you never know who they know, and you'll enjoy yourself which is great for keeping the spirits up. Hang in there, something'll come along to save you from evil Chicago!! (not that it's really that bad...)
Get me a job in Japan!!!!!
plz?
Post a Comment