I tried to use Facebook but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not sure why I even bothered.
Now in Chicago after the first week, life is chilled but okay. My apartment currently freaks me out cause it's an 100 yr old building that used to be the largest bicycle manufacturing plant in the United States. Gives me the heebie jeebies since they tore out the insides and left the core, remnants of the industrial warehouse quality is in every corner and I feel like I'll be trapped in one of the staircases and get lost in the maze of buildings it's creepy as hell! Why do I stay here you ask? Cuz I had to stay with the same apt company as the one in CA to avoid having to pay 2 months rent which is the same amt to finish my lease.
Chicago so far has been great in terms of atmosphere and landscape but people, not so certain. Where I am, people seem to be either really friendly or stuck up and unapproachable so not sure bout the city's content yet. First week's impression: agreeable.
2 comments:
Chicago... was only there a week (quite a cold week btw - you'd best brace yourself for the winter!), but my impression was that the people were rather nice. I was in a very decidedly lower middle-class area though, so I dunno how much overlap your observations will have with mine. Chicago strikes me as a much more working stiff town that doesn't take any shit than say, the entire state of California, but then I haven't been to Cali yet. :P
If you have any interest whatsoever I suggest you check out a blues house, and definitely don't miss out on the Chicago-style pizza! Enjoy!
Hey...You have to let me know when you're free to meet up. Can't believe you're in Chitown!! I could show you around. Wish I could do something about the weather, but its only going to get worse. sorry.
Post a Comment