Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Cider

Somewhere in the midst of Halloween and Thanksgiving, I usually desire at one point or another to be scared senseless then meander around for a healthy slice of humble pie to emote a gratuitous sense of wholesomeness right before the greedy season of Christmas. However, this season, Halloween and Thanksgiving seemed to have consummated and produced a mental byproduct of awareness on how many things I'm usually actively fearful of yet so utterly thankful for their existence.

Alas, this calls for a list:

1. Scares me how many pimples I still get at my age. Yet, ever so more grateful to be hormonal, still. My 15 year old self would be proud. Thank you pimple.
2. Scary how many mean people have given me a bad day to date, but so happy Taylor Swift wrote a song exploiting all y'all and my good days are taking over, thanks immunity shots of tolerance, acceptance, and compassion.
3. Petrified my Grampa is turning 90 and what may come, but completely grateful for his spirit and presence..and leaving notes in calligraphy on tables before disappearing on walks. You give me heart attacks Grampa, but better off it's me any day.
4. Frightening I'm still eating the 50000 calorie Cheesecake from New York last weekend, but my god, thank you Cheesecake for teasing my mouth, keeping fat cells happy, and promoting me to run.
5. Chilling having felt broken and desolate so many times in life, but thankful discovering how mendable the human spirit can be. I'm good on the quota though, life.
6. Terrifying how much pork by products and football I've been digesting lately, but so ridiculously grateful for the priceless company I get to enjoy it with.
7. Creepy I will continue to get smaller, shrink, and shrivel more with age, yet my heart, mind and soul will prove it otherwise, thank you cheesy irony.
8. Spooky my cat loves to sleep next to my keyboard and smacks my hand when I type too much, but happy between my mouse and cat, one is useful and the other has a personality.

The list goes on but gotta jump on a meeting. Ultimately, fear and thanks dissolve and life goes on as it beautifully should.

Maturing Youth Revelation #1

No comments: